This sturdy little side chair came to me in desperate need of a new dress. Originally an upholstered chair, it sported a very worn and ill-fitted, possibly shrunk, slipcover.
My client had already purchased and prewashed the heavy weight and large floral printed fabric, so when I got the chair and fabric, it was ready to go. I wanted to pay special attention to the layout of the floral placements on the arms, front back, seat and back so that that overall very wild floral print would be tamed a bit and settle on a spot. I had limited fabric to work with and when all was said and done, literally had scraps left.
The original slipcover had a side zipper however, due to the shape of the chair I suspected it wouldn’t be needed for easy removal with the proper “tuck-in” fabric allowances in the inner corners. I always like to try to get away with not installing a zipper if possible. I think it adds to the overall “upholstered” look of the slipcover.
A simple corded trim on the bottom of the chair finishes it off.
I actually took this chair project to my lake house to work on since I was planning on being there for over a week.
I was impressed with how this fabric selection fit so well into my decor and provided just the right pop of print and color no matter where I put it, in front of a black table, red door or my robin’s egg hutch. I love it and so did my client!
It’s been a busy summer of client projects, new granddaughter, trips, lake visits, festivals, and home projects. Now that fall is here my attention turns to fall decorating, rearranging furniture (again!…as my husband rolls his eyes and patiently goes along with my ideas), and smaller client projects all while anxiously waiting on the arrival of my fourth grandchild…but the first from my son! Stay tuned for a blogging catch up!
Happy Fall Y’all!